Watercolor background with copics – – card #2

Edited:  The video tutorial for this can be found on the post HERE.

Hello friends! I’m so glad you stopped by today.  In the previous post I showed how I made a “Watercolored” background using copic alcohol ink with colorless blender and another with  regular rubbing alcohol.  The card I made from that post was created using the background made with the colorless blander.  Today’s card is made with sample that used the rubbing alcohol to make the background.  As I stated in the previous post using plain rubbing alcohol changes the color slightly.  The use of colorless blender tends to keep the color true – in that case it was a rich blue.  Using rubbing alcohol the color changed to purple hues.  It still came out great and here is the card I made.

I selected textured light purple cardstock from Bazzill to coordinate with the background.  Now, while these flowers are paperwhites, there is nothing in the world of creativity that says you have to stick with traditional colors!  I stamped the image again and colored three of the blooms –  I chose copic markers in the Y range (Y02, Y08, Y15, Y17, Y38, with just a touch of YR18 for shading).  Once I finished coloring I cut them out and popped them up over the original image.  Here is a closer look.

And I found the perfect yellow/orange satin ribbon in my stash.  I’ll add a sentiment later when I determine the recipient and occasion.

And since this is a winter bloom, I’m taking part in Power Poppy’s challenge this month – details can be found HERE.

Thanks again for stopping by today and I hope you will do your own experiments with different markers.